Thursday, February 28, 2008

An unholy platform

I sometimes get involved in political discussions with those who have great disdain for how President George W. Bush has presided over our nation, showing a general dislike for the conduct of Republican politicians in particular. They then go on to tell me their opinion on many things, ranging from how best to settle the war in Iraq to the best policies regarding economics. They then dig in, preparing for a rebuttal of some sort, expecting me to try to defend President Bush and the Republican Party...I don't...which seems to only irritate them.

Instead, I state my opinion that our politicians, whether Republican or Democrat, are incompetent at leading our nation. This tends to diffuse the usual partisan discussions made ever more repetitive by 24-hour news programs. I then explain that I have read the Republican Party Platform and the Democratic Party Platform and ask them if they have done the same. Almost without exception, the answer is no. I then recommend they do.

In the final analysis, I don't find anything in the Republican Party Platform that I fundamentally disagree with. It seems to be that it is incompetence in execution that harms the Republican Party, not the ideas put forth in their platform. If they were more competent, they would be able to better enact the ideas affirmed in their party platform. If the Republican Party were more competent in executing there ideas, then the nation would benefit.

I also find that Democrats are just as incompetent as Republicans. The fundamental difference seems to be in what they say in each of their official party platforms. The Democratic Party Platform contains ideas which are not just imprudent, but are unholy. Consequently, the incompetence of Democrats is a blessing to this nation, since if they were more competent, then the very unholy ideas they espouse in the Democratic Party Platform would have an ever greater stranglehold on the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of our great nation, which would lead to its ruin.

For instance, one of the unholy goals of the Democratic party include how they "stand proudly for a woman's right to choose [abortion], consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right." The Democratic Party has firmly allied themselves with abortion and Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the nation. Democratic Senator Barak Obama in July of 2007 stated in a speech to Planned Parenthood, "There will always be people, many of goodwill, who do not share my view on the issue of choice. On this fundamental issue, I will not yield and Planned Parenthood will not yield."

I cannot yield my vote to a person or party so closely allied to such an unholy moral principle. My conscience and the cries of over a million aborted infants per year won't allow it. I have no particular loyalty to the Republican Party. However, the unholy platform of the Democratic Party serves only to eliminate them from consideration. I pray that some day the compassion of the Democratic Party extends to the most vulnerable members of our society: unborn children. I pray also that our nation's laws are changed so that they once again protect the lives of unborn children.

While the incompetence of Republicans is something to admonish as having surely harmed this great nation of ours, the incompetence of Democrats can only be seen as a great blessing, as they espouse an unholy platform which, if successful, can only lead to increased sinfulness.

You can read the 2004 Democratic and Republican Party Platforms here (when the 2008 platforms become available, I will provide links to those):

2004 Democratic Party Platform
2004 Republican Party Platform

"Choose this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Josh 24:15)

God bless,

Dave